Sunday, August 5, 2012

Real Food. Clean Eating.

     I did it, I took the plunge and signed my family up for the 10 day mini pledge for clean eating.  I had taken some time to reflect the past few days and really feel like I have done my children and my body a huge disservice by feeding the junk food. A lot.  We are the family that goes to McDonalds pry three times a week maybe more!  That is ridiculous!! I never grew up eating like that and never did until we moved out closer to the city.  So the laziness has definitely come out of me this summer.  
     I did some reading on 100 Days of Real Food and love the philosophy behind clean eating.  It's not a diet or anything radical. Simple, cut out the crap! And we have a lot of crap to cut out.  I went through my pantry and was a little sad to see some items were not on the Read Food list.  I put those in a special basket, way high up for the one day a week I will let us have a "cheat" day.  ( well after our 10 day pledge)  I think this cheat days serves several purposes.  One it will curb the feeling of being deprived, and then it will also help us to see how we actually feel when crap food hits our bodies.  I am excited to start our meals tomorrow, and really if I'm honest it isn't really different from what we did before, but it will be a little more restrictive on what I use in the prep of my food.  
Stay tuned for some hopefully super recipes and Clean Eating success. 


Week One Meal Plan 


Breakfast 
M/T- Overnight Oats 
W/R- Granola & Yogurt 
F- Overnight Oats 


Lunch 
M- Tuna Sandwich w/ veggies 
T- Peanut Butter and Jelly Az Mac crackers w/ appliesauce 
W- Grilled Chicken Salad 
R- Grilled Chicken w/ fruit and veggies 
F- Peanut Butter & Jelly on Ezekial bread 


Dinner 
M/T - Clean Beef Stew 
W/R- Clean Black Bean Chicken Bake 
F/S Clean Spaghetti w/meatless meatballs

No comments:

Post a Comment