Thursday, July 4, 2013

Gearing Up!

     Making the commitment to the Whole 30 is not one you should take lightly.  It is going to require a complete change in the way I approach meal preparation.  Normally I would try to plan a meal with a protein, carb (read starch), and veggie.  But, this is no longer going to be the how it goes.  Removing starch, sugars, and soy is much harder than you think! I spent the past week meal planning and looking through the ads for what is fresh and what is on sale.  Whew- not my favorite way to spend the evenings.
     We have decided to go full in July 6th. We will be out at our friend's lake and I cannot guarantee what foods will be there so I figured it would just be easier to transform our eating habits after the holiday.  That being said we are easing in this week.  I have to figure out a routine for cooking and getting meals prepped for the week.  My husband has decided that he will go aboard, but with the caveat that I have to prep all his breakfast and lunches. Fine- no biggie I am off this summer from teaching so it's all good.
      So after hours of reading, researching, blog stalking and pinning of Whole 30 recipes I have our pre-Whole 30 meals planned out.
*******Breakfast I made ahead prosciutto lined egg cups (hubby can easily reheat at work)
                              Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche
                              keep it simple on the weekend with some eggs and veggie scramble
              Lunches  Tuna Salad and sweet potatoes
                            Spaghetti Squash with grilled chicken, tomato, and broccoli
                            Chicken Fajita Salad 
                            leftovers from dinner a couple of days
              Dinner    Grilled Chicken with asparagus and tomatoes     no cheese
                             Butternut squash soup with Pork Loin 
                             Chipotle salad with carnitas, guac, pico.
                             leftovers
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment