Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 2

Man can you say headache!!?? I had a roaring one today.  After our running around I whipped up some green tea and I think the caffeine helped a little.  But, it's still there...just lingering waiting to come out and attack!
I was a little hungry today when lunch and dinner came around, so sorry no pics.  But,  I can promise it was delicious!

Breakfast: More of the arugula quiche, and two slices whole 30 approved bacon, and watermelon.  (yesterday I figured I didn't have enough protein at breakfast so I added in a bit more today which seemed to help)

Lunch: I just had leftovers from dinner last night and some cauliflower and cucumber.  

Dinner: Grilled salmon using this marinade.  Yummy!! Also some sweet potato fries and salad.  

Snacks: Mixed fruit with some whipped coconut milk with cinnamon and vanilla.  
             Key Lime Lara Bar 


All in all a good day.  The headache was annoying and made me a little irritable with my family. I am hoping the "kill all things" phase goes quickly or passes me by, I don't think I could stand to be around myself! 


And for those of you who have kids that are not doing the Whole 30 plan, you know that true love is cooking all those foods you can't have yourself and not even taking a lick of the spoon or knife.  Today was no exception. My kids wanted their very special snack and since I am all to willing to get rid of the temptations I whipped it up.  So for a day when you aren't feeling so paleo or you want to impress your kids try this out! 


Ingredients: 
Cookie Butter (Trader Joe's) 
Whole Wheat Bread (Great Harvest Bread Company)
Sliced Banana 
Butter 
Cinnamon & Sugar to sprinkle on top *optional.

How To: 
Just like you make a grilled cheese. Butter the bread and top with bananas, place in the pan. Butter other slice, and on other side spread with cookie butter. Grill until the cookie butter is a whole lot of melty goodness and bread is nice and toasty.  Sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar and have at it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment