Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 20

We spent the past few days at a nearby amusement park with the kids. Man did we have fun!! My middle man, and most fearless rode his first coaster and was hooked, the older one (my little adult) did not enjoy them nearly as much.  But, needless to say there were plenty of other rides that they enjoyed.  I did learn that rides I loved when I was younger, you know the spinny ones that made you feel like you'd be sick after, those no longer hold the same appeal... hmmm wonder why that is?  I also realized that children have no sense of self preservation- anything in the name of adrenaline!!

It was a great get away and came at a great time-I obviously needed a break, even just this tiny one.

Breakfast: egg and banana scramble- no pic, I'm sure you get the point of what it is we are eating.

Lunch- rotisserie chicken with steamed veggies- there really was more there than it looks. I am always quite satisfied when I'm done eating.



Dinner- delicious, albeit spicy Chicken/ Turkey Chili Lime Burgers.  I made half with turkey and half with chicken just to see the taste, I also added half a lime (juiced) We were trying to find a recipe that mimicked Trader Joe's Chicken Chili Lime burger.  This one was pretty close, just a little too spicy for my kids- but we loved it.  I also made broccoli slaw and a couple dressings, one was a strawberry vinaigarette and the other...well I don't really know just threw some things together and called it good.
The other dressing in case you're wondering was:
2 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 in piece of ginger minced
1 TBL sesame seeds
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 TBL EVOO
1 TBL Rice vinegar
1 TBL White wine vinegar
mixed all up and serve.

Wasn't my cup of tea- but the Mr. liked it.


No comments:

Post a Comment