Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 6 of the Whole 30

Nothing exciting today. I am trying to get my kids to try some new food each week.  This week it was plantains. I tried to saute some up in coconut oil and top with cinnamon- but...it was no go. Only my wee little tot loved them.  Well, one down- two to go!

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with coconut milk and sugar free bacon.

Lunch: Leftover salad- did I mention it is Ahh-mazing!!?? With cantelope

Dinner: Grilled Steak and veggies with roasted parsnips.  I am not sure I am a parsnip fan- too much a potato radish combo for me.  And the kids definitely were not deceived into thinking they were fries...


Snacks: plantains

Exercise: Run/Walk 2+ miles while pushing my two little tots, and following the big man on his bike.  Let's just say the run started off lovely (all downhill), but you know the saying what goes down must come up! Not so fun on the way up...

No comments:

Post a Comment