Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 4

Really Day 4?? It feels like we've been doing this for longer.  Not, that it is difficult, just seems to be that way.  Anyway today was good, no headache and no snacking between meals! A feat I am glad since we walked around the zoo today in 98 degree weather for a couple hours.  The water really helps keep any sort of snacking at bay.

Breakfast: today was not a good plate- I grabbed a chicken sausage (approved) and ate it with a handful of cashews.  No veggies.  I really need to plan out my own meals better in the morning,especially when I have three kids to get ready to head out the door.  I pack the Mr's lunches and breakfast each night since that was the deal we made so he would do it with me- but I often forget about making myself something.  No pics.

Lunch: was leftover spaghetti squash and sauce- still super delicious, maybe even better than yesterday.

DinnerChicken "Fried Rice"- Honestly I did not miss the rice and felt so much better after eating.  I was out of the seasoning salute from Trader Joe's, but I do love that stuff!  I used coconut aminos in place of the sesame oil.

The Mr wanted some snacks for later- he has a huge sweet tooth and I think that this challenge is harder for him than me.  I really don't have any problems with this diet other than missing my Diet Coke.  But, hey that is totally something I can do without. Him on the other hand... So tonight I found some recipes that would be be considered SWYPO, but honestly I have no sweet tooth and they are still totally within the limits.  I found one for banana muffins and other for some pumpkin dough ball things.  Not really my style, but it satisfies him. Hopefully within the next week he will be able to break himself of the sweet tooth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment