Saturday, July 6, 2013

Official Launch! Day 1

After a rather crazy busy 4th of July holiday weekend- my brain and body are totally ready for the Whole 30 challenge!  Today was our first day of 30 and it was total cake walk.  But, as it's been said and I can attest- the first day is always the easiest.  It gets more difficult the further you go, until about the half-way point.  Then I hope I get the feeling that I do in any event or challenge where I think "Yes! It's all downhill from here- cake walk."

Today's menu:
Breakfast- Bacon & Arugala quiche with monkey salad

Lunch- Chipotle (lettuce, carnitas, pico, and salsa w/guac)

Dinner- Citrus Baked Chicken (I omitted the sugar) with sweet potato & watermelon


Snack: Handful of cashews
Exercise: 45 minutes of fairly intensive landscaping and ripping up of sod.
Feeling: Great!  I've found that club soda with some slices of lemon or lime help with the desire for a big Diet Coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment