Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day 12- almost halfway there!!

Today will be my first time dining out since starting the Whole 30.  I am going shopping with my mom and cousin, so I am hoping there will be something, somewhere that I can eat! I was just thinking hey no biggie I can just get some meat and a salad or veggies. But, most restaurants steam their veggies in butter and put some sort of seasoning or rub on the meat that may contain sugar..!  So here's to hoping I can find a suitable lunch.
Still having a bit of "carb flu" upon waking.  Nagging headache and just overall lethargy.  I seem to get more energy as the day goes on, but nighttime I can't go to sleep!

Breakfast: another banana and egg mash up with some cinna-hashies on the side. Finally got a breakfast that incorporate fruit, protein, and veggie (that's the tough one! )


Lunch: ah lunch what a disaster. We went to a local brewery expecting they would have some decent selection of salads or grilled meats...wrong! I know this wouldn't be approved- but other than paying $15 for a dry salad (no oil & vinegar dressing) or $20 for a piece of grilled chicken no sides (none were compatible- NOT ONE!)  I ordered almond flour coated calamari and veggies. I pray it was actually almond flour- didn't taste almondy like I was expecting, and it was fried in veggie oil. But after consulting with the facebook group it seemed the oil was okay in dire circumstances...well  I guess it was. I wish  I would have checked ahead to see what restaurants were out there and scanned the menus... you can never be too prepared!  I have done this for our upcoming vacation and already know what to order.  Lesson learned.  Some people who may be die hard Whole 30's would start over- but I feel I will pry survive a little veggie oil...I hope. Although it should be said I felt kinda greasy after eating just half of it, and it was not a satisfying meal at all.  

Dinner- much better! We grilled up some steak and scallops, side of broccoli and some salad with a homemade greek dressing.  Felt much better after this meal! 


Exercise: 20 minutes on the elliptical - I am not feeling motivated at all today to run outside being that it is 96 deg. How do you stay cool in the summer heat when exercising?  I have to go in the evening since I am home with the kids all day during the summer. Suggestions? 

No snacks!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment