Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 9- Feeling Awesome

Today was a typical Sunday around our zoo, cleaning and getting ready for the week.  I have the groceries bought and menu planned for the week.  I also took my son on a ride around the lake while I ran. Great way to exercise and I shaved a minute off my time.  Although in the middle of my run I was fixing my timer on my ipod when he so kindly pointed said " I don't know why you use that thing, you already know how fast your going...slow."  Thanks so much dear son, especially coming from the guy on the bike!  May I remind you it is also 90 degrees here!!
Good thing I ate well today to fuel me.  I did wake with a headache again, like a hangover, but it wore off quickly.

Breakfast: leftover blueberry clafouti - it truly tastes better than it looks (plus I burnt it..)

Lunch: leftover burgers from last night.

Tonight: Chili. Kinda a weird choice after a 90 degree day, but I am trying to find some more budget friendly meals after spending crazy amounts the first weeks.  Just look at all that paleo goodness in there.  I only put in a pound of beef and it seems like it is plenty of meat. The original recipe called for 1lb of pork and a about a pound of mixed meat (whatever you have in the fridge).

*** I should note that although I am a photographer, I take these with my iphone. I don't have time to set up pretty meal pics--- I wanna EAT!  So I apologize if they aren't that awesome. ***

Meal Plan Coming Week:

Breakfasts: Blueberry Clafouti
                   Bacon lined egg muffins with green pepper and onion
                   Egg scramble with whatever veggies I have and monkey salad
Lunches: Chili a few days
               Spaghetti squash with meat sauce
               Chicken Stir Fry *** all leftovers from dinner***
Dinner : Chili (see recipe above)
             Spaghetti squash with meat sauce (omit the sugar you totally don't even need it!)
             Chicken Stir Fry


Happy Whole 30!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment